The presence of British American Tobacco in this part of the world can be traced back to 1910.
Beginning the journey as Imperial Tobacco 113 years ago, the Company set up its first sales depot at Armanitola in Dhaka. After the partition of India in 1947, Pakistan Tobacco Company was established.
The first factory in Bangladesh (the then East Pakistan) was setup in 1949 at Fauzdarhat in Chattogram and in 1965, the second factory of Pakistan Tobacco Company was set up in Mohakhali, Dhaka.
After Bangladesh’s independence, the Company became Bangladesh Tobacco Company Limited; and in 1998, the Company changed its name and identity to British American Tobacco Bangladesh (BAT Bangladesh) aligning the corporate identity with other operating companies in the BAT Group.